When Eugene F. Foley (Gene) opened his small mortgage loan office on Lincoln Avenue in 1957, he had no idea of the enormous impact that his company would have on so many lives for so long. Gene arranged home loans for families, financed small businesses with real estate loans and offered income to grateful investors.
Gene was a fixture on Lincoln Avenue in Willow Glen (San Jose) for more than 30 years. He was a community leader with a reputation of honesty and integrity. Gene knew almost everyone and was loved and respected.
E.F. Foley & Co. flourished throughout the 60’s and 70’s, eventually incorporating in 1980. By 1989, E. F. Foley & Co., Inc. had outgrown its Willow Glen office and moved into a new office on The Alameda in San Jose. By then, Pam Foley, Gene’s daughter-in-law, had been working at E. F. Foley & Co., Inc. for several years as a loan officer.